(All programs are Network Ready)
WinOscar5 System (less than 300 students) - $2,095.00
WinOscar5 System (300 or more students) - $3,095.00
Annual Maintenance - $495.00 (per year after the first year)
Scanner Interface - $495.00 for software
Graduation Requirements - $495.00
Parent Aware Internet Web Page Option - $750.00
State taxes, shipping and handling are not included in the above prices. Prices are subject to change without notice.
- Oscar runs on Windows PC's only - (Sorry no Apples or Macs)
- Network ready
- FoxPro 3.0 XBase Database files (does not require any other database or server software)
- Unlimited number of workstations on your network at no extra cost
- Maintain multiple school years
- Promote students at the end of the year
- Easily transfer student information from one school to next higher school
- Add up to 250 User Defined Fields
Workstation Hardware minimum requirements
- Microsoft NT 4.0 (with service pack 6) or Windows 2000 (with service pack 2), XP, Vista or Windows 7
- Pentium computer
- 100MB free disk space
- 64MB of memory
- 17" Super VGA monitor capable of 800x600 resolution
- 3.5" disk drive
- CD-ROM drive
- USB Drive recommended for backup
Network Server minimum requirements
- Pentium II computer
- Windows Server NT 4.0, Windows Server 2000, XP Server or Novell Network 5.0 or later
- 500MB free disk space
- 256MB of RAM
- TCP/IP network protocol recommended (NetBEUI/NetBIOS protocol NOT recommended)
Note: Each school can use as many workstations as they need at no extra cost.
Oscar has a wide variety of options that will help you manage your student information.
Oscar stores information about your parents. Each student can be connected to a main parent and another parent. Each parent may be listed separately or as a pair of parents.
Oscar helps you to keep track of all your student information. You may add up to a maximum of 250 user defined fields.
Oscar will keep track of your student's schedules.
You can keep track of each staff member's personal information, absences, and in-service hours with Oscar.
You can track attendance by period, course, minutes, or half-day/all-day basis. Define your own absence and tardy codes, post absences by student or by class roster, and send letters to parents for excessive absences or tardies.
Teachers can enter absences and tardies from their classroom. Teachers only have access to their students.
Schedules and Grades
Oscar supports block schedules (4x4, etc.), alternating (A/B) days, and trimesters. You can use letters or numeric grades. Oscar calculates 3 different cumulative GPAs.
You can define as many as 4 different grading scales. You can track up to 29 different grade slots (progress, grading periods, exams, semesters, final grade). In addition you can enter conduct marks, and print plain paper or customized reports.
With Oscar you can track discipline by student name, date, problem, action, and teacher.
Oscar tracks general health information, immunization records, height/weight records, and vision and hearing tests.
Vehicles can be tracked by student parking permits, type of vehicle, and license number.
Track textbook inventories. Issue and return textbooks by student or class.